Firearms, cash and drugs seized in targeted police operation
On 10/5/2021 members of Launceston Firearms Taskforce executed a search warrant at a South Launceston address.
As a result of the search the following was located and seized;
– 3 x pistols
– 1 x improvised homemade explosive device
– Over 1000 rounds of ammunition
– Trafficable quantity of methylamphetamine
– Trafficable quantity of another drug that is believed to be speed
– $86,000 cash
On 12/5/21 a 27-year-old South Launceston man was arrested and charged with;
– Possess a firearm when not the holder of a firearm licence
– Possess ammunition when the holder of a licence
– Trafficking in a controlled substance
– Possess controlled drug
– Dealing with proceeds of crime
The man has been bailed to appear in the Launceston Magistrates Court on 16/6/21.
Investigations are continuing and police have not ruled out further arrests.
The post Firearms, cash and drugs seized in targeted police operation appeared first on Tasmania Police.