Huonville man charged with string of burglary and stealing offences
Police have charged a 27-year-old man from Huonville with a string of offences, following investigations into several burglary and stealing matters in Hobart and Kingston recently.
The burglaries relate to “tradie” vehicles, targeting the stealing of power tools and other equipment.
Close to $40,000 worth of property has been stolen over the past two weeks, and so far police have recovered about $15,000 worth.
The man was charged with the following offences and will appear in court in August.
• Burglary x12
• Stealing x14
• Unlawfully tamper or interfere with motor vehicle x1
• Attempted burglary x1
• Dishonestly acquiring a financial advantage x10
Kingston Police would like to hear from anyone with information about the matters, or who recognises their property in the attached images, on 131 444.
Information can also be provided to Crime Stoppers at crimestopperstas.com.au, you can stay anonymous.
Tasmania Police encourages people to:
• Avoid parking in public areas for long periods of time, especially overnight
• Secure vehicles with an alarm, steering lock or immobiliser if possible
• Always keep car doors and windows locked
• Take tools and valuable inside overnight if possible, even if the vehicle has a lockable canopy or toolbox
• Park in a well-lit area, in view of CCTV is possible, if parking on the street overnight; and
• Ensure car keys are kept securely and out of sight
The post Huonville man charged with string of burglary and stealing offences appeared first on Tasmania Police.