Man charged over Devonport firearms incident
A 36 year old Devonport man has been charged with a series of crimes including discharging a firearm in relation to an alleged incident in Devonport on 23 October.
The man, who was taken into custody at Elizabeth Town yesterday, was charged with:
- Assault (Criminal Code) x 4
- Robbery x 2
- Recklessly Discharge a Firearm x 3
- Possess a prohibited firearm to which a firearms licence may not be issued x 2
- Possess ammunition when not the holder of the appropriate firearm licence x 2
- Drive whilst disqualified (Road Safety (Alcohol & Drugs) Act 1970) x 1
- Wear a prohibited item x 1
- Possess a controlled drug. (minor offence) x 2
- Possess thing used for administration of controlled drug. (minor offence) x 1
- Receiving stolen property x 2
The man was detained to appear in the Devonport Magistrates Court later today.