Road Police Services and Department of State Growth conduct joint high visibility operation at Geeveston
Southern Road Police Services and the Department of State Growth Transport Safety and Investigation Unit have been conducting high visibility traffic operations across Southern Tasmania.
“It is a combined effort to improve driver behaviours and reduce crashes on our roads, and have been focused on speeding and drink driving,” said Inspector Jim Semmens.
“On the weekend, we conducted a joint operation on the Huon Highway at Geeveston.
Officers conducted 300 Random Breath Tests and detected:
- 1 person recording a breath alcohol test reading of 0.153
- 1 person recording a positive indication for cannabis
- 1 person detected not wearing a seat belt
- 1 person with expired registration
- 17 defect notices.
“Remember the Fatal Five every time you get in your vehicle and travel on our roads”.
- Pay attention when on the road – one moment of distraction is all it takes to cause a crash.
- Obey the speed limit.
- Never drive after drinking or taking drugs – it’s a risk not worth taking.
- Don’t drive tired – take a break so that you get to your destination safely.
- Always wear a seatbelt.
The post Road Police Services and Department of State Growth conduct joint high visibility operation at Geeveston appeared first on Tasmania Police.